Paddle Imua Relay
OUR RELAY IS ON HOLD FOR 2020, BUT WE LOOK FORWARD TO BRINGING IT BACK NEXT YEAR!
FROM PADDLE IMUA 2019:
READY. SET. RELAY!!
Another FUN opportunity to support Camp Imua is through our Paddle Imua Relay. During the ‘Ohana Festival, teams of 5 (max) are invited to participate! The relay will be a short sprint race by mass start, on inflatable stand up paddle boards (SUPs), from the beach at Hawaiian Canoe Club (HCC) out to a marker buoy and back. All teams will be turning on the same buoy. Teams must all be mixed gender and can include children also. The rules are simple. Each team member must make it completely around the buoy and back to the beach in order to qualify as completed. Each team must finish by all holding hands and running through designated race chute. Two awards will be given, one for the Overall Winner and one for ‘Most Kolohe’. In the event of a tie, there will be a final round between the two tying teams.
To Enter: Register with a fee of $50 (cash only) per team. Each team member must have a Signed Waiver and 2020 Fun Relay Entry Form completed in order to compete in the relay. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure a spot ahead of time!
A couple of things to note:
- Relay check in will begin at 3:00pm at Hawaiian Canoe Club
- First relay begins at approximately 3:30pm
- Expected duration of relay racing is 45 mins.
- Teams will be made up of 5 members of any age and must include both genders, a current or former camper and everyone must be able to swim.
- Each team must have a name.
- A total of 6 teams maximum are allowed entry. (Entry priority given to sponsors)
- Relays will be in a mass start, one heat style set up.
- The SUP must touch the sand before the next team member can swap.
- No team member should be doing two legs in the same relay.
- Prize giving takes place immediately after relay.