1.Can you explain the mission behind Maui Brewing Co.?
MBC is a fiercely local company and has remained steadfast regarding local production. The Maui Brewing Company team are stewards of their communities and the ‘aina, and curators of the craft beer way of life. Their beers have been recognized worldwide for quality and innovation.
2.The adage “It Takes a Village to raise a child” seems very appropriate in this setting. Why support Camp Imua?
Maui Brewing Company believes it is their responsibility and duty to support their local community.
3. BLUESMITHS Paddle Imua celebrates its 5th year anniversary in 2016; can you share your top 5 memories from the past four years of BPI?
Combining athletics, craft beer, and community to rally around a great cause. Memories include the genuine aloha and appreciation of everyone at the event when the team poured beers (and root beer) for participants after coming out of the water.
4. How can we keep up with Maui Brewing Co.? Social Media? Newsletter? Website?
- Website: mauibrewing.com
- Follow MBC on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: @MauiBrewingCo
5.Anything we should look out for in 2016 from Maui Brewing Co.?
- Maui Brewing Company will be releasing specialty cans each quarter; one that just came out is Hop Kine India Pale Lager – it is fantastically hoppy and refreshing at the same time!
- There is a large bottle project in the works, so MBC will be bringing back some old favorites and some very special barrel aged beers in 750ml bottles.
- The company is going through a refresh of their brand, so be on the lookout for new designs.
- Maui Brewing Restaurant Group will be opening a new location in Waikiki in late 2016.
- If you haven’t been to the new Kihei site, please bring the ohana down for a beer and take a tour. MBC is very proud of their new digs and would love to share with you!